Thursday, June 28, 2012

More Design Team Introductions!!


You still have time to enter our current challenge. For more details please click HERE

**************************

Today I will continue to introduce to you a few more members of our new Design Team. All these ladies have different styles and approached to scrapping and I sure hope you enjoy getting to know them a lot more. 


Hilde Aaslund (Norway) 



Hello!
My name is Hilde Aaslund and I am a sketch addict! I live in Norway with my hubby, two boys 9 &12,  FIL and a number of pets: dog, cat and budgies. I work full time as an engineer at construction sites and spend my leisure time driving kids to activities, running this place called home and scrap.I started my paper craft career as a card maker in 2005, but transformed to a layout scrapper a year later. My main scrap subjects are - quite naturally- my family, but I also scrap about subjects found in our everyday life – the pets, our friends, funny signs and anything that makes my day special.As life is busy, I hardly have time to sit down and scrap for hours, and this is reflected in my scrap style: often simple I-can-do-that layouts with plenty of white space or quite linear. But on occasions I get carried away and keep adding details as if I were paid by the number  J  Currently, I am on the DT for one of the US’ largest kit clubs, I have been published several times and I still enjoy participating in challenges on challenge blogs!I am, as I said, a sketch addict, and I am thrilled beyond words to be a part of the OUAS DT! Here is my blog: http://www.scoobieslilleblog.blogspot.com.au/ 


Camilla Ekman (Sweden) 


I'm Camilla Ekman from southern Sweden. I work as a Montessori teacher and when I'm off work I do what I love most - that is of course scrapbooking. My favourite scrapping subjects are my two children, Julia and Filip, but also my sweet nieces and nephews. I have scrapped since early 2007 and enjoyed every minute of my hobby. Through scrapbooking I keep my memories alive but above all I get to be creative. I get to use my hands! I would say that I tend to scrap romantic and shabby. I love using flowers, bling and lace. When I don't scrap I enjoy books, travelling and spending lots of time with friends. I am so proud and honoured to design for Glitz Design, C’est Magnifique Kit Club and now Once Upon A Sketch. I LOVE sketches! My blog: http://camillaslillasida.blogspot.com 



                                                          Svetlana Austin (South Africa) 



Hi, everyone! My name is Svetlana Austin. I am a Russian girl who ended up living in hot South Africa for the last 10 years. I met my husband while he was doing mission work in Russia. We have 2 beautiful sons who keep us busy and fill our lives with sunshine (not that we have lack of it in the northern part of our country). I was always creative. I tried many different crafts but once I was introduced to scrapbooking by my friend, I never stopped. It was 8 years ago. I defiantly love to create layouts about my little boys. My aim is to reflect their personalities through my work. I love to make real boy’s layouts full of colors and details. I like to use paint and sprays in my projects, as well as hand-stitching. Sometimes I like to make very romantic and feminine layouts about myself or about my girl-friends. It allows me to express the stuff that I personally like. My scrapbooking style is always determined by photographs I use and what kind of story I would like to tell through my project. I had a pleasure to design for various Russian and international challenge blogs. I am also honored to design for Kaisercraft. You can visit my blog at Colourful Memories (http://www.colorfulmemories-protea.blogspot.com/)


Mona Pendleton (USA) 
My name is Mona Pendleton, I live with my sweet husband, Scott, two teenage step children, Connor 16, Meredith 15 and two 5 year old Westies, Gretchen and Griffin in Phoenix, AZ. I have two college age young adult children as well, Jerry 24 and Angie 22. I work as a Registered Nurse in the Operating Room of an Orthopedic Hospital and in my spare time, I find it enjoyable to use the other side of my brain, playing with paper crafting products creating various projects.I first started scrapbooking too long ago to remember when which spilled over into card making, creating home décor projects and gifts for family, friends and co workers. I love lots of layers, colors and find happiness in all the little details!My blog : Cupcake's Creations
Kelly Foster (USA) 
My name is Kelly Foster, I live in northern Minnesota (USA), with my other half, Jeremy, and our two beautiful red-headed daughters, Lilah and Paisley. I began scrapbooking shortly after Lilah was born, in 2010, and quickly became completely obsessed!! I love everything about this amazing hobby...I'm always wanting to try new things, and I especially enjoy working with sketches. I think my style is really all over the place...I will create a big pile of layers and mess one day,and something totally clean and simple the next!  Aside from scrapbooking, when I can find the time, (or just need a break from scrapbooking..) I love to sew, (I recently taught myself!), cook and bake, shop, read, and of course, enjoy my babies (and take tons of photos of them..)!! I am so excited and honored to be joining this amazing team of designers, and so thankful to Nadia for giving me this awesome opportunity!! My blog: Scrappin'Sisters



Helena Virpi (Italy) 



I'm extremely happy and honored to be part of the fabulous and extremely talented Design Team at OUAS. My name is Helena Virpi, I'm 54, originally Finnish, Italian by marriage and temperament. 3 kids, 1 husband. I have lived in Rome for the past 30 years and love it!

I started scrapbooking in 2005 and it was love at first sight. I have always done something with my hands, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching and paper piecing but that was just the right time to start something new. My scrapbooking has gone through various phases from clean and simple but very much color coordinated to overly rich and elaborate which included layering, tearing, distressing and inking but for a long time I wasn't happy with my pages. I was convinced that there was a certain way, ”the right way” to scrapbook and I was frustrated because I wasn't achieving that. I was also haunted by the urge to preserve memories and to always include meaningful journaling. Two years ago I discovered mixed media and through various techniques and through much trial and error I have learned to express myself more freely and finally let go of the misconception that there's a ”right way” to scrapbook. I have found my style and I'm pleased with my pages. They are not perfect but they are ”me”. I do like to preserve memories and I like to think that my kids will appreciate my pages and their content one day, but I really scrapbook for myself: it's therapeutic, I love to play with colors and textures and sometimes I scrap a photo just because. Too many rules kill the joy and  spontaneity. My other passions are photography, traveling and reading. I love my life! I currently design for CSI. I'd love you to visit me on my blog Scrappassion

3 comments:

  1. What a great team Nadia! Full of ladies I know and LOVE!! I am so excited to see these girls in action even though I just loved your old team and got to know so many wonderful people through it, my teamies rocked! So happy to say that I got the challenge done too for June~! Love having it open for longer - great move! Will upload tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hilde and congratulations. Do you have a blog? Also I didnt know we had a kit club here in the uk! Is it ok to ask what its called? BFN Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh looking forwards to seeing what all you lovely ladies create ...

    ReplyDelete