Friday, June 15, 2012

June Challenge Team B Reveal

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! We have reached the middle of the month already..Can you believe it? We are half way through the year already and time is going by too fast isn't it? 

Well nothing we can do about it, but we can have some fun along the way and I hope scrapping makes you happy and its " your thing" ! I constantly say I wonder how it is that I stayed with a hobby for SO long because I get very bored very very easily and quickly. But I think its simply that scrapping is not just a hobby for me any more. It is part of everyday life and pretty much the only thing I do for me. 

SO I sure hope you are enjoying creating too and today I have the very last reveal of our original team here at Once Upon A..Sketch. As of next month the new team will take over so this is nothing short of bitter sweet for me. 

I won't go on about it now, as I will post a farewell post at the end of the month to properly say goodbye. 

SO I hope you get some scrapping done this weekend and here is some more inspiration for you...


The theme of this challenge is BIRTHDAYS

We would like you to create a layout and interpret the theme "BIRTHDAYS" however you like based on the following sketch. You can journal as little or as much as you like, but your layout must incorporate this theme and the sketch below. Please make sure that we see some sort of journalling on your layouts and please tell us where your journalling is . Hidden journalling is perfectly fine. 

Ideas for Journalling:most memorable birthday celebration for you or anyone in your family, the last birthday you celebrated and tell us your thoughts on turning this age, your child's/other family member's birthday and your thoughts on their age, a birthday that was a turning point in your life and your excitement/fears or other thoughts you had, an upcoming birthday for you or anyone and your thoughts, the best birthday present you ever received/gave and why?. You can also base your layout on a non - person birthday. This means your birthday theme can be based on : a pet, a business venture, a milestone anniversary etc etc. Its up to you how you interpret "BIRTHDAYS




Please help me welcome the winner of our April challenge who has been invited back to be our Guest Designer for June..




I am Solange Marques, and I live in Curitiba, Brazil,  with my husband, João, and some of my children. I have five children : Camila, Alexandre, Bruno, Gabriela, Miguel and two  grandchildren: Clara and  Samuel. They are always present  in my creations. I am graduated  in architecture and fine arts, but I have been  working in a Bank for 23 years as an appraiser of jewelry.I have  been in  love with Arts and Crafts since I was a child . I discovered  Scrapbooking in 2004 and today I am totally crazy about it.I love to use paints and texture in my layouts and I melt the photos with the background. I love mixing  a lot of techniques  and products in my pages  such as acrylic paints, watercolor, stamps, modeling paste and acrylic gesso.I love the artsy style! 
My Blog : Solagne Marques



Thank you Solagne for being our Guest designer for the month of June!



Please click on their name to be directed to their blog for more details. I am sure they would appreciate some love too :)



Larissa Albernaz (Brazil)  
  ***Imaginarium Designs  heart top picket, swirl corners


LG Belarmino (The Philippines) 



Bente Fagerberg (Sweden)
***Imaginarium Designs 'corner'


Natalie Elphinstone (Australia) 
***Imaginarium Designs Edward Relief


Jasmine Shea (Australia)


Maiko Kosugi (Japan) 



Heather Jacob (Australia) 
***Imaginarium Designs cogs and alphas.


Pamela Young (USA) 



Our main sponsor for the month of June is a gorgeous etsy shop Zeus and Zoe owned by Marivic Clifton who also runs Berry71Bleu. 

"Zeus and Zoe is an etsy shop selling one-of-a-kind crafting goodies, embellishments for scrapbooking, crafting, altered art, home decor, collage art. We also make custom/themed project collection boxes depending on your crafting needs.  Each box has different vintage themes and sold individually. We had put together papers, vintage elements (buttons, rhinestone brooches, doilies, ephemera items), trims, skeleton keys, flowers, charms, hand-made tag and so much more. With any of these boxes, you will be able to make numerous projects or use the embellishments to add to your existing projects. Some of the collections come with boxes to decorate with or use for extra storage.We had made these collection with all crafters in mind. We all love the vintage theme and it goes very well with any pictures you want to scrap or just to decorate your home with."

Here is the link to the Etsy shop:

For information on custom themed collection/boxes, pls email berry71bleu@att.net.



Now here are our permanent ongoing sponsors for 2012. For more details on these sponsors please see the left sidebar of our blog or click on the images to be directed to their websites. 














The entry with the most points, as voted by the Design Team will be invited to be our GUEST DESIGNER in August and create along side our Design Team. This person will also win this fabulous prize from Zeus and Zoe


 A collection pack from the Zeus and Zoe etsy shop


The next 4 winning entries will receive the following prizes..
7 Dots Studio kit from C'est Magnifique Kit Club + FREE postage to anywhere in the world + add any other item in the store at NO extra postage cost 








These are the prizes up for grabs for our RANDOMLY drawn entries..

Scrapbooking Fantasies has donated TWO ribbon packs (for 2 winners) from Scrapbooking Fantasies . Each prize is valued at over $10AUS each and contains 29 half metre lengths of ribbons, trims and lace in shades of red, yellow and sky blue from quality brands, plus FREE international postage!!





**This is an international blog, so anyone can enter
**You are free to combine Once Upon A..Sketch challenges with other challenges. We don't mind at all!!!
**You are allowed to enter only layouts  for our challenges
**You are also allowed to flip or rotate the sketch or alter it to suit your needs, but please make sure its still recognisable.
**Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery and link it on the right hand side of this blog using the Link tool. Please provide a direct link to your post, not your entire blog.If the link tool is down, please leave a comment on the comments section and link your layout there.
** The deadline for this challenge is midnight June 30thAustralian Eastern Standard Time . The Design Team will vote and the Top 5 layouts PLUS Top 5 featured layouts will be announced soon after the challenge has finished.
**You may enter as many times as you like
**Also, please consider turning off word verification for comments on your blog.
For a complete list of the rules please see the top of this page.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic sketch and inspiration ladies! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good web site! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete